I finished sewing my kindle cover yesterday, and I love it! Very functional + cute. I used this tutorial: Make a custom Kindle cover
, and fabric from my stash. The cartoon-books fabric was intended for a bag to haul library books around, but I can do a patchwork-style bag with the leftovers. I cut up two old diary/planners for the stiff cardboard inserts, so it was a good recycling exercise. :)
|Propped up for reading|
|Folded flat for hand-held reading|
|The back (with cute fabric!)|
|All tidied away|
As with all of my sewing adventures there were a few moments of frustration, but for once the problems were easily solved (i.e. cutting down the cardboard inserts when I discovered the fabric sleeve was too narrow). If I ever make another, I'll add padding to the inside surfaces for extra protection in case of clumsiness.