- all-over stranded colourwork pattern inspired by crystals
- twisted ribbing at the cuffs and mitt-tops
- short-cuff and long-cuff options (mitts shown with long cuffs)
- full-mitten version also available (separately or both in an ebook)
- requires less than 50g of fingering-weight yarn in each colour
- one size, to fit 7-8" palm circumference
- pattern includes colourwork charts
Like the mittens, the mitts are knit in Knitsch Sock yarn from Holland Road Yarn Co. This time I chose 'Sweet Pea' for the main colour, a really strong vibrant pink, and 'Silver Lining' again for the contrast colour (because of its shimmering-metal illusion).
The mitts have a few extra little details, like the two-colour ribbing at the top of the thumb. This allows for a decent amount of ribbing while also continuing the colourwork pattern. It's slightly awkward to switch between knit and purl stitches while also switching colours, but it's only for a small area (and the effect is really worth it).